posted by davidt on Monday July 08 2002, @11:05PM
icicular writes:

I just finished watching Craig Kilborn making a plea for both David Bowie and Morrissey to appear on his late night tv show at some point in the future.

Kilby said such things as "These two guys' music has meant so much to me over the years" and "I don't know if Morrissey is watching right now, he is probably lulling himself to sleep with his hauntingly melancholy voice".

He says that if Moz appears on his show, he will offer him the lead guest spot on the show, a wonderful "all cotton Late Show with Craig Kilborn t shirt"....and, if Moz accepts the offer, a "Tuesday with Morrissey" spot every week pitch.

It was all in fairly good taste, and complete with Kilby's dry frat boy humor intact.

I have enjoyed Craiggers' show quite a bit, and I like him even more now.

See you all on the tour!!!!

---
Big J also writes:

Anybody watch Monday night's Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn??? Well, it was interesting, considering the other day's poll question. Craig stated at the top of the show, that he wanted to get David Bowie and Morrissey on the show, two artists he says(regularly) mean a lot to him.

He says, after holding up pictures of the two(to big crowd response) Bowie's people are interested, and they have yet to contact Morrissey. He also dragged it out, saying that if the interview goes well, he'll have a regular "Tuesdays with Morrissey," segment, which was followed by a logo with this title and Moz's picture!

The ultimate goal: to have them both on the same show! (I really wish I was taping the show...)

Could this mean the wheels are in motion?? I'll say this: every time Craig says he wants to book a sought-after guest on the show, he gets them......

---
carlos also writes:

"Tuesdays With Morrissey"
I was flipping networks earlier tonight trying to decide whether to watch Conan O'Brien or Craig Kilborn, and my attention was suddenly captured by a lovely closeup of a Morrissey portrait on Craig's show! I'm not sure what I missed in the beginning of the segment, but Craig began to explain that both David Bowie and Morrissey have "meant a lot to (him) over the years". He also said that ideally, he'd like to have both artists appear together on the same program. Craig said that he has contacted Bowie's "people", and that they were interested. Regarding Moz, he said that he has yet to contact Morrissey's "people" because he is lazy. (!?) According to the late night host, whichever of the two artists agreed on an appearance would be the lead guest on their program. He added that if Bowie & Morrissey were on together, he would flip a coin to determine who would be the lead guest. Craig shortly thereafter retracted that notion & admitted that "of course" Bowie would be the lead guest of the two. He talked a little about Bowie, then went into a whole bit about The Man. He promised Morrissey on camera that if he were to appear, Craig would appropriately "brood", wear (lots of makeup?) and that he would not smile during the entire interview. Another thing Craig said was that if all went well with the Morrissey interview, he would begin a new weekly segment called "Tuesdays With Morrissey"! (what would that entail?!) To all who challenged whether Craig was a real fan or not in response to the recent poll about his program, I think things are rather clarified now.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • i hope someone 'in the know' reads this and tells the man..
    xavier -- Monday July 08 2002, @11:39PM (#33326)
    (User #181 Info)

• but when i did happen to see it
    he was making a big deal out of Barry Manilow's upcoming appearance on television.

a very big deal.

yeah...
    bernard -- Monday July 08 2002, @11:45PM (#33327)
    (User #3004 Info)
    ...and like all ugly things, it fell in love.
  • i think ol' kilby's been sneakin' peeks at our own private idaho, moz-solo.com
    thirsty fists <[email protected]> -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @12:08AM (#33328)
    (User #149 Info)
    "world's ugliest boy"
  • is a bite from the book/cable series, "tuesdays with morrie"...
    thirsty fists <[email protected]> -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @12:11AM (#33329)
    (User #149 Info)
    "world's ugliest boy"
  • DO it!Morrissey PLease DO it I'd Watch it and record it!AND watch it AGAIN!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @12:22AM (#33331)
  • craig did the five questions thing and asked if bowie and mozz came on who would be the first guess. she said bowie
    Anonymous -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @01:38AM (#33333)
    • Re:also by Lifeguard Sleeping (Score:1) Tuesday July 09 2002, @10:29AM
      • Re:also by half-a-person (Score:1) Tuesday July 09 2002, @10:45AM
  • I always watched O'Brien and ignored Kilborn, maybe I was wrong... I wish Moz would go to Kilborn show... However, knowing Stevie tendency to grab defeat from the jaws of victory, I doubt it. I'm afraid Moz would book Conan O'Brien show just in spite... :-)
    Fox in the Snow -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @03:40AM (#33341)
    (User #4967 Info)
  • I've been a Morrissey fan for over 10 years and I have learned that there are very few coincidences in the world of Morrissey.

Does anyone here really think it is a coincidence that less than a week after the Morrissey-solo.com poll about The Kilborn Show that Craig Kilborn himself would make a plea to have Moz on his show?
    equatorial guinea -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @04:45AM (#33345)
    (User #5373 Info | http://www.mbendi.co.za/cyeqmps2.gif)
    Eric was a contender
  • Something tells me that there is more to this than what meets the eye. I have a strange feeling Morrissey and Killy have been in talks and that this is a lead into an interview that has already been decided upon.

But I've been wrong before...
    haze <[email protected]> -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @07:19AM (#33350)
    (User #1115 Info)
    myspace.com/deathwrites
  • Cooool. It could be this little thing where they sit down to tea every weel and talk about the weeks headliners. Wouldn't that be the most interesting thing ever? I know I'd set my VCR but then I'd wake up and realize I'm dreaming!

~Unruly girl (who forgot her password ).
    Anonymous -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @08:50AM (#33355)
  • Was this before or after he was fawning over robert goulet?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @08:59AM (#33356)

• both Kilborne and his replacement at the Daily show, John Stewart, seem to be fans of Morrissey.

i wonder who else in the talk sho0w business is a fan of Morissey.

i'd say Conan was, going by his hair alone.
    bernard -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @10:31AM (#33365)
    (User #3004 Info)
    ...and like all ugly things, it fell in love.
  • Kilborn is Da Man!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @01:12PM (#33379)
  • my roommates once went to a taping of the craig kilborn show and said they played the smiths all though the taping, during prep and in between. i really think he's a fan. his show isn't bad either -- too bad he goes up against conan.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @01:45PM (#33381)
  • all this talk about not smiling and wearing 'brood' clothes. just perpetuating every crap lazy journalist cliche ever written about moz being miserable and depressing. we all know our steven is incredibly witty and is the master of self-deprecation. this is the kind of half-witted stupidity that should ensure moz won't go anywhere near this show.

steed
    Anonymous -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @01:52PM (#33382)
    • Not Really by Transmission_NYC (Score:1) Tuesday July 09 2002, @04:06PM
  • That Kilborn fella is not funny. Four minutes into his show and I changed it to Conan...sadly, four minutes too late.
    Davy_Havok -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @03:11PM (#33388)
    (User #3893 Info | http://blogawayla.com/)
  • I think Craig Kilborn is hilarious. I heard the mention last night, and it's probably the 3rd time I've heard him mention MOZ. He loves him for sure, and I hope Morrissey will take him up on the offer!
    tigerwoods -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @03:33PM (#33392)
    (User #5212 Info)
  • I never really was interested in his show... I actually hate all daytime and night time talk shows... I don't see why Moz would be interested in going on this program. What would they talk about? Sports?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @04:51PM (#33397)
  • I hope nobody actually thinks this is going to happen. It's to rite. For some reason, i seriously doubt Morrissey would go on this show. I hope I'm wrong but...I mean ca'mon.
    Morrissey manages himself remember.
    So far, so bad.
    Mozkateer -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @05:02PM (#33400)
    (User #1871 Info | http://www.myspace.com/ofthetimes)
  • Craig, if you come into this site and read the posts, PLEASE do your best to get the Moz on the show! Get him to perform a couple of his songs!
    and get him to kiss one of those hot Maxim Babes.
    MaRiO aLbErTo -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @05:12PM (#33403)
    (User #5273 Info)
  • I thought Craig Kilborn lived in the same neighborhood with Morrissey and Johnny Depp.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @09:08PM (#33413)
  • -To find morrissey look deep within yourself and find a place that is full of power, strength, and confidence. Now call that place "Craig."
    - Craigers
    VIVAMOZ <[email protected]> -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @10:33PM (#33418)
    (User #184 Info | http://www.cato.org/)
    blame me! i didn't vote!
  • I tuned in last night in hopes of hear Craig Kilborn repeat something in regards to what was said the previous evening. And surprisingly, he did mention Morrissey, again! He first recapped what he said about David Bowie, the audience made some noise. But as soon as Craig mentioned Morrissey, the audience reaction was heart warming. They cheered as if he were a guest on the show. Anyway, its nice to know Morrissey is still popular, somewhat.
    billybud71 -- Wednesday July 10 2002, @07:02AM (#33430)
    (User #555 Info)
    We are the change that we seek.
  • Why does everyone recognize kCraig as some guy who hosted some stupid sports show, instead of the being the original host of comdey central's daily news? huh?
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 11 2002, @11:58AM (#33589)
  • Moz should go on Oprah, and tell her off for being so disgustingly mushy. Besides it's the only talkshow we get in the Netherlands.
    Spineless Swine <[email protected]> -- Friday July 12 2002, @09:57AM (#33649)
    (User #4968 Info)
    Leave your future behind you.
  • He is what you folks would term a late-night "chat show presenter" or what we would call a "talk show host." He is squarely targeted at young males between 18-25 and subscribers of such magazines as FHM and Maxim. His chief accomplishment is being smug while interviewing the latest model/actress on the cover of those magazines. He will occassionally ask one of them what they think about Frat boys masturbating to their image. The young model/actress will giggle. He also has pretty golden hair and a big, toothy smile. He is smarmy.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @01:55PM (#33383)
  • Maybe you should ask one of these Moz fans to tape the show and try and put it up on this website through somekind of webcast. There should be some Computer wiz who can pull this off. I'd like to see it over and over if he performed his supposedly new single "Mario's Dance"
    ~Love,
    Mario
    MaRiO aLbErTo -- Tuesday July 09 2002, @05:08PM (#33402)
    (User #5273 Info)
  • Slightly miffed i'm just as pissed as you are, haha. i'm in the U.S. but on the east coast and morrissey isn't coming anywhere near me. the closest show is a 2 day drive away. i'm hoping he may pull another "surprise" show like he did last time he was in New York...personally i don't give a crap if he goes on that kilborn guy's show. Just come to the east coast dammit!
    atsirhc -- Wednesday July 10 2002, @08:51PM (#33542)
    (User #5484 Info)
  • Forget it, man. Morrissey's ours now. hahaha!
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 11 2002, @11:55AM (#33588)
  • 3 replies beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]