posted by davidt on Monday October 29 2001, @10:00AM
George writes:

This might be ill-advised following the Neil Finn thread but Edward the Bear has recently, and unrelatedly, covered There Is A Light That Never Goes Out at a label showcase. It certainly has a garage-feel to it but it's got an amount of charm and class. The old 12-string guitar got a workout as did the analog synthesizer. Video is available at http://www.edwardthebear.com. Don't mind all the shadows either, the lighting was dire (otherwise known as 'creative').
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Neil who? Edward what? Why are these obscure people trying to cover Smiths songs? And who on earth is this Johnny Marr?
    Anonymous -- Monday October 29 2001, @02:22PM (#20789)
    • Scatology. by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday October 29 2001, @03:22PM
  • cover of "Still Ill" on that site. Rather good, I thought
    David T (different) -- Tuesday October 30 2001, @02:51AM (#20847)
    (User #256 Info)
    david_t[at]boltblue.com
  • I'm sorry, but, i need to say this and i'm sure its going to make someone mad but here goes. I'm sick of bands (i.e. "edward the bear") covering smiths songs and posting on here for attention. I cant agree with any one using some one elses name and songs to further their reputation. I mean, once was enough, with the "still ill" mp3 of months ago, i looked past that, and i didnt think it was, in particular, that appealing. Do you think it would make Morrissey happy that you are using his songs, and his site to gain fans. I'm sure it would make him feel slighted. Also, I've seen enough indie bands cover Smiths songs (better versions too), wouldnt it make sense to cover some less known Moz songs? Anyway, i'm sure im gonna get some flack for this. but enough is enough. The End, i hope.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday October 30 2001, @10:48AM (#20864)

[ home | terms of service ]