posted by davidt on Monday October 29 2001, @10:00AM
palandi writes:

Last friday (October 26th) Belle & Sebastian, who played The Smiths' covers several times, did a gig in São Paulo, and the band leader, vocalist Stuart Murdoch, was wearing a Smiths t-shirt the whole time. It was a shirt with the "Hatful of Hollow" cover. Unfortunately, the band didn't play any Smiths/Morrissey songs.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Sweet and Tender Hooligans show wearing a Silent Gray shirt!

Anonymous -- Monday October 29 2001, @03:12PM (#20797)
  • Mother, may I be caustic? pretty pwetty pleese?
    Okay son. Just watch not to offend anyone.

This is fucking great news, I didnt fucking know this was a fucking belle & sebastian fucking board, theyre fucking over-hyped, plain and simple.
    I bought their fucking first fucking album on Vinyl, its fucking almost fucking unplayed, I fucking dont like them, and I fucking dont fucking see the fucking connection between fucking belle & sebastian, and Morrissey.
    I mean, does he fucking like these fucking guys, theyre not a fucking bad band, theyre quite fucking good actually, but why the fucking why did you fucking mention them on this fucking message board?
    To fucking help them fucking sell some more fucking albums?
    "are you fucking feeling fucking sinister" is a fucking tasty LP.
    Anyway, I was fucking just wondering what the fucking connection is between these fuckint two rather fucking good fucking artistes?
    Anonymous -- Monday October 29 2001, @03:37PM (#20803)
  • One of the most interesting, original, sensitive and cool bands of the last few years, so if you don't like them, bad for you, dolly. It's cool to know the he was wearing a smith t-shirt. It proves that B & S has a lot in common with our wonderful The Smiths, unless they have good taste. I loved to read this here, on this Morrissey website.

Long live to Belle & Sebastian
    Anonymous -- Monday October 29 2001, @05:13PM (#20818)
  • Fookin' this and fookin' that! Next it'll be shite this and shite that! Sorry, I'm just amused...and I adore Belle and Sebastian. And so what if they are any of the things some of you mentioned here - Murdoch and Campbell write/sing beautiful and quaint stories!
    J. Razor -- Thursday November 01 2001, @01:38PM (#20950)
    (User #724 Info)
    I'm Alone

[ home | terms of service ]